Saturday, January 24, 2009

ROLFING

A friend of mine in New York, was a huge fan of ROLFING. It sounds like a term that describes barfing, but honestly, it's the only thing that has actually helped improve my case. Rolfing was established by Ida Rolf, a practitioner around in the 1950's. It's the act of body aligning through tissue manipulation. Many compare it to deep tissue massage and say it's similar but this is more body work than massage. David exclaimed how his back had gone out and that after two sessions, he was "Dancing" out of the office.
I was desperate for anything since my jaw was being fixed slowly, but my chest still burned and my neck and clavicle were still pretty solid in the pain department. I did some research and found L, whose YELP reviews were impressive as was his website. His credentials are fantastic and he lived close to me. I made an appointment and after three sessions, I am feeling less pain. He was amazed at the pain in my muscles and stated that I needed "unwinding."
My swelling and tightness were in my pectorals which were what I used to lift that stupid luggage. My strain was all the way in my neck and it had even gone into the muscles of my tongue. My jaw was opening to the left and with his supervision, we are slowly working on the muscles of my face. If your pain is muscular, visit a ROLFER and see if anything changes. Do not schedule anything too strenuous after your session; you will most likely be very tired, and feel kind of lethargic.

ROLFING is good for:

- Postural Correction
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain and Headaches
- TMJ
- Sports Injuries
- Auto Injuries
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Greater Flexibility and Freedom of Movement
- Increased Well-Being
- Performance Enhancement


TRY ROLFING TO SEE HOW IT WORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment