Monday, January 26, 2009

bugger

Digastricus: (named digastric as it has two bellies) is a small muscle located under the jaw.

It lies below the body of the mandible, and extends, in a curved form, from the mastoid process to the symphysis menti. It belongs to the suprahyoid muscles group.

A broad aponeurotic layer is given off from the tendon of the Digastricus on either side, to be attached to the body and greater cornu of the hyoid bone; this is termed the suprahyoid aponeurosis.


Whatever I just quoted from WIKI is where all of my pain and discomfort lies on the right side of my jaw. It feels irritated and very stretched. On the left side it's also very tender underneath my chin. I can't tell if something is wrong inside my throat but it seems to again, all be muscle-related. When I read about the entire musculature of the neck and head, all of the little pains seem to live within The Platysma Muscle. It is a broad sheet of muscle arising from the pectoral (chest) and deltoid (shoulder) muscles and rises over the collarbone (clavicle), proceeding upward in a slanting manner along sides of the neck. (taken from google/What is the Platysma Muscle?)


That's great and all that google can help me identify the places where it hurts most but SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM?

No comments:

Post a Comment